5 Minutes. 5 Secrets. 5x the Income.
Here are the Fab Five (no reference to Michigan basketball for those who remember!) things that sales Outperformers do differently (and BETTER) to perform at the highest level day in and day out:
- 1. Define your purpose. WHY are you doing sales in the first place? What drives you?
This sounds so simple but purpose is behind everything we do (or don't do) in life. Tony Robbins calls it "getting leverage." Improved sales results don't magically pop out of thin air. It requires an increase in either quality or quantity of activity, and the foundation in which this activity is built is your individual drive and purpose.
- 2. Strategize. A goal without a plan is a wish. How many calls? Meetings? Presentations? Map out your numbers.
Sales Outperformers know that what gets measured, gets managed. They're masters of reverse-engineering the process to get to their goals. Start with your target, quota, or end goal. Then, look at how much you need to gain new business vs increasing existing business. What's your average order size? Order increase? What's your closing ratio? Lastly, back track how many presentations, calls, meetings, proposals it will take to get to this number.
Every business is different and this is sales in its simplest form, but you get the idea.
- 3. 10x your focus. Do ONE thing and do it well. Don't multi-task. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done when you fully commit to a singular task.
In our technology-driven, hyper-connected world, a certain level of multi-tasking is inevitable. But Sales Outperformers are the ones who are able to drown out the noise and stay laser focused on what's important, not just urgent, to get to where they want to go.
- 4. Listen! Make it a game to see how many key questions you can ask and how much you can listen. It'll build BLT (you learn what this is in the book)...and your sales.
Sales is a game of listening. You're not getting paid by how many words you speak. Make a conscious effort to LISTEN more. And don't just listen...actually hear what the other person is saying. Ask more open-ended questions in the beginning to learn about the prospect and more close-ended questions towards the end to build micro-commitments.
- 5. Never stop improving. Every single day when you wake up, strive to be better. Never feel like you have it figured out. If you keep moving forward, you'll arrive at your destination.
Focus on progress, not perfection! All Outperformers wake up with one very basic thing in mind: "How can I get just a little bit better today than I was yesterday?" Do that and the sky is the limit.
To your abundant sales success!
- Scott Welle
Creator, Outperform The Norm
NEED SALES TRAINING?
Please enter your info below to Outperform!
Your presentation was outstanding. I received numerous comments that you were one of the best speakers we have had over the past 12 months!Steve Kloyda, Professional Sales Association (PSA), The Prospecting Expert
Sales Psychology: Master the Mindset of a Selling
This is an exclusive webinar that I did for a global CRM company on the psychology of sales Outperformers. Please do not share or distribute with anyone beyond this page or the wrath of the lost sales Gods shall descend down upon you! 🙂